With the legalization of marijuana, many cannabis enthusiasts are thinking of growing their cannabis plants at home. It’s not that hard. However, you must have a basic understanding of gardening. Here in this post you will learn about the significant difference between feminized and autoflower cannabis seeds.
Cannabis seeds are divided into three categories: regular, feminized and autoflowering. Each type emphasizes its own unique advantages and shortcomings and appeals to different breeders depending on their purposes.
Feminized cannabis seeds
Feminized cannabis plants evolved from feminized seeds created by sex reassignment in a female plant. This sex change is caused by forcing the plants to release ethylene. This release of ethylene is then dampened, prompting the female plant to produce a pollen sac containing pollen with 100 percent female characteristics, which will result in 100 percent female seeds that will develop into female plants.
Feminized seeds are seeds grown primarily to reduce male chromosomes. In short, with feminized seeds you grow a female cannabis plant. This is what many cannabis growers want because it produces smokable buds.
If you want nothing but resinous buds from your crop, feminized seeds are the perfect seed type for you.
You will save a lot of time and effort by not having to remove the males from your grow room. You can be sure that your grow tent or space will remain pollen-free.
Benefits of Growing Feminized Seeds
- Feminized seeds produce female plants and provide smokeable buds.
- Plants from feminized seeds contain cannabis with a higher THC and CBD ratio, making the impact more intense and longer lasting compared to autoflowering seeds.
- Feminized seeds are almost 100% hermaphrodite free.
- Female cannabis plants grown with feminized seeds produce higher yields compared to autoflowering plants.
- Cannabis plants grown from feminized seeds have fewer leaves compared to autoflower seeds.
- Unlike autoflowers, female cannabis plants grown with feminized seeds are easier to cut.
Autoflowering cannabis seeds
Autoflowering seeds are a popular choice for novice growers because they flower automatically, are easier to grow, smaller in size and faster to collect than feminized seeds.
Autoflowering marijuana plants automatically switch from the vegetative phase to the flowering phase over time. They also require a simple lighting schedule and are immune to changes in temperature, disease and fungus, making them a perfect way for beginners to grow cannabis.
You benefit from autoflowering seeds if you want a quick harvest. They are also perfect if you don’t have a lot of space. By growing multiple plants and using the Sea of Green (SOG) technique, you can still have a generous yield in a small tent.
Benefits of Growing Autoflowering Seeds
- Autoflowers flower automatically and require little attention.
- Like feminized seeds, autoflowering seeds produce female plants and give cannabis.
- The growth cycle from seedling to harvest is fast, allowing breeders to harvest 2-4 times a year.
- Since autoflower strains are crossed with the ruderalis strain, the plant grows small and requires less maintenance.
- Autoflowering cannabis strains require less growing space.
- Compared to feminized marijuana plants, autoflowering plants are immune to temperature changes, insects and mold.
The difference between feminized and autoflowering cannabis strains
For your convenience, we have included the differences between the two types in the following table. This gives you a clear overview and allows you to make the right choice between feminized seeds and autoflower seeds.
|feature||Feminized Seeds||Autoflower seeds|
|Cultivation||Easy to medium||Very easy|
|Plant height:||Medium to long||Small to Medium|
|Start blooming||When a 12/12 light cycle is applied||2 – 4 weeks after planting|
|Average time from seed to harvest||12 – 20 weeks||8 – 12 weeks|
|Yield||Medium to large||Low to Medium|
|Needed space||Medium to large||Small to Medium|
If you are looking for the highest potency and highest yield possible, feminized seeds are the perfect option for you. If you’re new to outdoor growing or don’t have much expertise, experience, space and time, autoflower seeds may be the right option for you as they are the quickest and easiest way to get a great yield.
We hope you can now find the right strain for you. click here if you want to buy the best and cheap cannabis strains.